Hi ! 🙂 This is a guide to install a stable custom ROM of Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S4 GT-19500 device. The custom ROM is an Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) downloaded from xda developers.
“ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader and Modem, TWRP 3.1.1 as Recovery”- xda develeopers.
- Currently, my device is having Lollipop 5.0.1. You can follow my previous guide to install Lollipop on GT-19500.
- Download the twrp-3.1.1-0-i9500.img.tar to PC, for the installation of TWRP 3.1.1 as recovery. (Note* : it is requried to have this particular version of TWRP for this flashing)
- Download the aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip to PC, which is the custom ROM we are going to flash.
Step 1: Install the TWRP 3.1.1 recovery using Odin software on PC.
- Turn Off the device –> Press Volume Down+Power+Home for the Download/Odin mode on device –> Plug the USB cable to PC –> open Odin software –> Select AP –> Select the img.tar file –> Start. (For a complete guid, please refer to my previous post)
Step 2: Flash ROM using the ADB Sideload option on TWRP 3.1.1.
(Note*: I assume your PC is setup with Android SDK tools and can use adb commads)
- Turn off the device –> Press Volume Up+Power+Home for the Recovery mode.
- Select “Advanced” -> “ADB Sideload” -> “Swipe to Start Sideload”
- Now plug the device to the PC.
- Open command prompt and peform the command.
adb sideload aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip
Note*: If you get “error: Closed”, then try the following commands
adb devices adb usb adb sideload aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip
Once the sideload is completed, the device will be rebooted and the new ROM will be installed.
Step 3: Install Xposed
- Download the xposed-v88-sdk25-arm.zip for Nougat to PC from the xda devleopers.
- Use TWRP 3.1.1 recovey’s ADB Sideload to install th zip.
adb sideload xposed-v88-sdk25-arm.zip
Once the sideload is completed, it will show an option to “Reboot System”. Select the system to reboot. It will take some time to reboot to complete the installation of the xposed framework.
Cheers !! 🙂