I am explaining here, how to install Kali Linux on a Windows machine.
Create Bootable USB
- Download the ISO image from the official site of Kali Linux (https://www.kali.org/downloads/).
- Next, download the UNetbootin to your Windows. This software is used to prepare the bootable USB stick.
- Insert a USB drive to the Windows machine, and format it as FAT32.
- Next ,open the UNetbootin software. Select the downloaded ISO image of Kai Linux as DiskImage and the also select the USB drive.
- Select ‘OK’ and wait for the UNetbootin to complete installation.
Install the OS using USB
- Now, restart the machine and load the boot options (Press ESC).
- First disable secure boot, to avoid black screen problem with Kali Linux.
Press F10 (BIOS Settings) -> Use left arrow keys and select “System Configuration” -> User down arrow keys and select “Boot Options” -> Select “Secure Boot” -> Press Enter ->Select <Disabled>. Then press F10 for save and exit. It may then popup for user actions to verify the disabling of secure boot by entering a 4 digit code + Press Enter.
- Now, Press F9 -> Select USB drive-> Start Installation..
Cheers !! 🙂