Hi ! 🙂 Today um going to introduce you to “Octoplus Box”, a box which simply allow you to unlock, flash, and repair mobile phones. This box supports a wide range of phone models from Samsung, LG, JTAG and selected models from Sony, ZTE, Huawei, Sony Ericsson, etc for now. The box comes with a set of cables for different phone models and several other hardware components.
This guide covers;
- Get the Software for Box
- Octoplus Box registration
- Check the “Octoplus Box” with a phone
Before start using Octoplus box you need to setup the box software on PC. Um working on windows and following are the steps to register box on Windows for Samsung.
Get the Software for Box
You will need to set up PC seperately for Samsung, LG, JTAG. You can get the latest software from there web site http://octoplusbox.com/. The latest software will contain the new phone model additions.
- Goto to octoplus official page –> Downloads –> Software –> Select the latest Samsung Installer
- Goto to octoplus official page –> Downloads –> Drivers –> Select and install necessary drivers for samsung.
Octoplus Box registration
- Connect Octoplus Box to PC : Choose the appropriate cable from the cable set that suits below port and other end with a USB port for PC. You can plug the mobile phone directly to the PC USB port as follows.
- Launch Octoplus Box Software. After the installation completed you will get “Octoplus Samsung Tool” icon on desktop
- Click “OK”. The card update wizard will appear. When press “OK” following card update wizard will appear.
- Click “Next” and follow wizard instructions. The wizard will activate the card for LG, Samsung and JTAG.
Check the “Octoplus Box” with a phone
- Connect the Octoplus box to PC.
- I will connect a samsung phone (GT-18150) to PC via a USB cable as above.
- Launch the “Octoplus Samsung Tool” software.
- Select the phone model at the first tab.
- Press “Select”.
- The phone is connected to the PC, So you can press “Read Info” and see phone info. If there are problems in the connection you will get an error message instead.
Get Supported firmware for you mobile phone
- Goto the first tab on “Octoplus Samsung Tool” software
- Select the phone model.
- Press “Go to Support”. –> It will open the following page on browser.
- Select “Samsung” –> Phone model (ex. GT-18150)
- Choose the required files to download from the available set of files.
This guide is a startup for working with the “Octoplus Box”. You can flash firmware, unlock ur phone or engage with other supported activities later. Hope you enjoyed 🙂
Cheers !! 🙂