I obtained my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore (2016 to 2021). I had my bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, in 2013. I worked as a Software Engineer at Aeturnum Lanka (Pvt) Ltd (from 2013 to Dec 2015). In addition to my interest in security research, I am also interested in Python, Java, and Android developments.
My research interests:
- Internet of Things (IoT) security
- Program analysis
- Protocol verification
Find me on ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kulani_Mahadewa
Security Analysis of IoT Smart Home Systems:
- MAHADEWA, K.T., 2021. ANALYSING SECURITY OF IOT INTEGRATIONS. (PhD Thesis)
- Identifying privacy weaknesses from multi-party trigger-action integration platforms. Mahadewa, K., Zhang, Y., Bai, G., Bu, L., Zuo, Z., Fernando, D., Liang, Z. and Dong, J.S., 2021, July. In Proceedings of the 30th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 21) (pp. 2-15).
- Scrutinizing Implementations of Smart Home Integrations.
Kulani Mahadewa, Kailong Wang, Guangdong Bai, Ling Shi, Yan Liu, Jin Song Dong and Zhenkai Liang. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, TSE 2019 [journal paper] [demo]
- HOMESCAN: Scrutinizing Implementations of Smart Home Integrations. Kulani Mahadewa, Kailong Wang, Guangdong Bai, Ling Shi, Jin Song Dong and Zhenkai Liang. 23rd International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems, ICECCS 2018, Melbourne, Australia, December 12-14, 2018 [conference paper][pptx][demo]
- Security Analysis of Smart Home Implementations. Mahadewa K. (2018) In: Sun J., Sun M. (eds) Formal Methods and Software Engineering. ICFEM 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11232. Springer, Cham